Giving Tuesday (Monday) Can Benefit PCH
This coming Monday, December 1 at midnight EST marks the start of the 24 hour Giving Tuesday. In that time, the Advance program of the United Methodist Church (UMC) is willing to match dollar for dollar the first $1 million donated toward projects recognized by the Advance, of which Providence Children’s Home (PCH) is one. Last year, The Advance offered a similar program with only $500,000 of matching funds available. The matching funds were gone in the first 5 minutes of the program. If you were planning to make an end of year donation to PCH and want to take advantage of this opportunity to extend your giving through this program, here is what you need to know:
- You can give to PCH regardless of church affiliation by cutting and pasting the following address into your browser or clicking on the link: https://secure3.convio.net/gbgm/site/SPageNavigator/gbgm_donate.html?type=1001&project=3019212.
- Do not expect your donation to be matched if you cannot make the donation within the first 10-15 minutes of the program start. The time of start in your time zone is as follows:
- Eastern – Monday, December 1 at midnight
- Central – Monday, December 1 at 11:00 p.m.
- Mountain – Monday, December 1 at 10:00 p.m.
- Pacific – Monday, December 1 at 9:00 p.m.
- You will need to use a credit card to make your donation and the maximum that will be matched is $2,500, though a donation greater than this will still be passed on to PCH.
- You can make a designation of how you want your donation to be used by clicking on the Memorial or Honor Gift item in the Gift Duration area of the donation form. Then select Gift Type “In Honor Of” and type “PCH” for First Name and your designation for Last Name. Our suggested designations by priority are:
- Support for the orphans ($100+ supports one child for a month)
- Building a new girl’s dorm for the school (Total cost of $125,000)
- Greenhouse to provide food for the Home and School (Total cost of $5,000)
- Solar Water Heaters for the two Homes (Cost of $5,000 each)
- De-Salination facility for water quality at the whole campus (Total cost of $10,000)
- If you want your donation recognized by a local UMC church, list the name of that church in the appropriate area of the donation form. They will be notified of the donation by The Advance office and this should appear with your other church donations for 2014.
- All matching funds received by PCH will be placed in our general fund, to be used as directed by the PCH board.
- If you are not sure your designation got received, you can send a note to: firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure that it gets designated to the purpose of your choice.
- Donations made after the matching runs out will still be sent to PCH by The Advance office. They just won’t have any matching funds associated with them.
If you have any questions about this program, please contact me at the contact information below. Thank you again for your faithfulness to the ministry of PCH. Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and enjoyable holiday season!